If you are experiencing any issues with the Wi-Fi signal within your home then it might be time to consider upgrading your Wi-Fi router or access point. Check out these articles for a list of the top wireless access points or top Wi-Fi routers:
Best WAP: Wireless Access Points for home office and small business
Best wireless routers
Wireless MESH system
More helpful Wifi tips
- Your device needs to be within a reasonable range of your Wi-Fi router in order to connect and have the best connection speeds.
- In general, in most homes, you can be up to 30 feet from your router for a decent connection.
- From 30′ to 50′ away, the speeds will be slower, and may drop occasionally, but it should be usable.
- Greater than 50′ away, and the signal will most likely be too weak to overcome interference. The speeds will be slow, and the connection may be sporadic. The above numbers are approximates only. Optimal range may vary based on router make and model.
- Check out this article to read about 10 things that can disturb and block your Wi-Fi signal in your home: