Our Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) is intended to help protect our customers and the Internet community from unacceptable use of the Internet. This Policy describes activities that constitute unacceptable use of our Internet
Services, and outlines actions that may be taken in the event of a violation, including termination of user accounts. Use of our Internet Service constitutes acceptance of this AUP. We reserve the right to modify and update our AUP at any time.
The AUP requires all users to comply with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, but is not limited to matters of law. The AUP also sets standards of acceptable behavior for those who use our Internet Service to participate in the Internet community. Although we reserve the right to do so when necessary or appropriate, we do not monitor customers’ usage of our Internet Services to ensure compliance with law or this AUP. We will look into possible violations when information that is sufficient to warrant an investigation is brought to our attention.
Unacceptable Uses of Internet Services
In addition to use of Internet Services for any illegal purposes (some of which are described below), it is a violation of the AUP to:
- Send unsolicited bulk emails, chain-letters or mass advertising, harvest email addresses for the purpose of sending bulk emails or mass advertising, or otherwise engage in spamming.
- Engage in activities that interfere with or disrupt other network users, network services or network equipment (e.g., by transmitting a virus or other software, code or files intended to limit or disrupt the function of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment).
- Use network resources in excess of any prescribed limits on bandwidth or disk utilization.
- Resell or give away our Internet Services to others.
- Allow others to use your Internet connection supplied by Red Sands Internet inc. for any purpose including hosting email, web, name or other servers for their personal or commercial use.
- Hosting of any servers (Email, Web, Gaming etc..) on any residential service is strictly prohibited.
- Obtain, or attempt to obtain, unauthorized access to, monitor, or use any data, systems, or networks without the express permission of the owner.
- Add, remove or modify identifying network header information (“spoofing”) in an effort to deceive or mislead, or any attempt to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information.
- Transmit, post, store, link or distribute another’s intellectual property or proprietary information, including trade secrets, trademarks, right of publicity or copyright information, without express authorization of the rights holder.
- Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others will be terminated.
- Transmit, post, store, link or distribute any material that is obscene, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts or sexual language of a violent or threatening nature or constitutes child pornography under applicable law.
- Threaten bodily harm, destruction of property or otherwise engage in harassment.
- Transmit, post, store, link or distribute any threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent or tortuous information or information that is invasive of another’s privacy.
- Transmit, post, store, link or distribute material that victimizes, harasses, degrades, threatens to harm or intimidates an individual or group of individuals, including without limitation minors, on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability.
You are fully responsible for all use of our Internet Services via your account. If any user of your account is suspected of violating this AUP, we may, among other things, investigate the situation and, where appropriate, cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected.
Anyone who believes that there has been a violation of this AUP should contact us and provide the following information:
- the nature of the alleged violation, along with any supporting evidence;
- the date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone; and
- the IP address used to commit the alleged violation.
Where a violation of this AUP is found to have occurred, we retain full discretion to determine the response that is appropriate in the circumstances, including any one or more of the following actions:
- issue a warning to the user
- suspend the customer’s account
- terminate the customer’s account
- bill the customer for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges.
Red Sands Internet inc. is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.